Passkeys: the Future of Subscriber Security
In the telecom industry, pricing is a primary differentiator due to market saturation. An emerging solution for differentiation is the use of passkeys, a passwordless authentication standard backed by the World Wide Web Consortium and the FIDO Alliance. However, the conventional method for implementing passkeys is cost-intensive and time-consuming. This often results in organizations seeking assistance from external software vendors.
What are passkeys?
Passkeys are a passwordless authentication method approved by the World Wide Web Consortium and the FIDO Alliance for websites and apps. They are intended to replace traditional passwords, enhancing online security. PhishMe states that 91% of cyberattacks begin with a phishing email. Passkeys prevent login using stolen passwords on protected sites and apps. They are compatible with major browsers on laptops and smartphones produced in the past 5 years.
In the densely populated telecom industry, standing out is tough. Many companies compete on price, but that’s not enough because there are so many players. Adding unique features, like passkeys for better security, can help attract customers. However, setting up passkeys can be hard and time-consuming. So, many telecoms get outside help to do it.
Benefits of Secfense Passkeys for Omnichannel
The Secfense Passkeys for Omnichannel represent our approach to adopting Passkeys in the telecom industry. Below, we outline the benefits of transitioning from passwords to passkeys with Secfense’s assistance.
From an Enterprise Perspective:
- Efficient Deployment: Secfense Passkeys for Omnichannel allow for a streamlined integration process, eliminating the need for intricate coding. This facilitates rapid deployment with minimized technical overhead.
- Vendor Agnosticism: With Secfense Passkeys for Omnichannel the integration of passkeys, enterprises are not confined to a single service provider. This ensures operational flexibility and strategic vendor management.
- The integrity of Applications: By utilizing Secfense Passkeys for Omnichannel, enterprises can maintain the sanctity of their applications, preventing adulteration from third-party code interference.
- Industry Compliance: Secfense has undergone rigorous testing and has proven its efficacy in highly-regulated industries, reaffirming its robustness and reliability.
From the Customer’s Perspective:
- Uniform User Experience: Passkeys guarantee a consistent and intuitive login mechanism across diverse communication platforms, ensuring user satisfaction and engagement.
- Smooth Onboarding Process: The integration of passkeys simplifies the enrollment procedure, reducing user friction and expediting the adoption process.
Passkeys with Secfense
Secfense acts as a facilitator in the adoption of Passkeys, streamlining the integration process for enterprises. Through its efficient deployment mechanisms, Secfense Passkeys for Omnichannel eliminates the need for intricate coding, ensuring a swift and hassle-free integration. By maintaining the integrity of applications and offering flexibility in vendor choices, Secfense Passkeys for Omnichannel ensures that businesses can harness the full potential of Passkeys without compromising on security or functionality, thereby positioning themselves at the forefront of modern authentication solutions.
Introducing FIDO Passkeys with Secfense offers transformative benefits to enterprises. Remarkably, there’s no need to hire additional software developers for the FIDO integration. Moreover, it significantly reduces the involvement of security specialists by 82%, leading to operational efficiency. Financially, organizations can expect a whopping 87% reduction in total costs compared to traditional software integration methods. Furthermore, this approach ensures that a full 100% of applications are fortified with robust FIDO protection, enhancing overall cybersecurity infrastructure.
Here are some typical numbers related to the implementation of FIDO / passkeys/ passwordless MFA with Secfense:
- 0 software developers involved in the project
- 82% less security team involvement required to complete the project
- 87% of deployment costs dropped compared to traditional software integration.
- 100% apps covered by FIDO protection and passwordless MFA.
Get in touch
The adoption of Passkeys for Omnichannel represents a significant advancement in authentication methodologies, combining high-level security measures with an optimized user experience. For those interested in exploring this further, Secfense provides a comprehensive integration process for Passkeys, ensuring compatibility with existing infrastructure. We invite stakeholders to get in touch with us to evaluate and understand the efficacy of this approach.